Benefits Consultant and Producer
Employed: March 2009
Responsible for providing consultation and implementation of group benefits for existing and new property and casualty clients. In almost every case these group or individual benefits are customized to the needs and financial resources on a case by case basis. Constantly researching new markets for all product offerings including medical, dental, life, disability, long-term care, and vision. Currently managing benefits for group accounts ranging in size from 2 to 170 employees and many individuals in Texas, Missouri, and Ohio.
Responsible for developing distribution channel for Companion Life as a general agent to other agents and agencies throughout Texas.
• Graduated from McKinney High School in McKinney Texas in 1978
• Graduated from Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls with a BBA in 2003 while working full and part-time
• Managed Healthcare Professional (MHP) designation through AHIP (America’s Health Insurance Plans) in Washington D.C. AHIP is the premier source for professional designation programs for benefits professionals
• Small Group Specialist (SGS) designation endorsed by the Texas Department of Insurance and the Texas Association of Health Underwriters
• Member and past president (7/1/2010 to 6/30/2012) for Texoma Association of Health Underwriters
• Past awards chair for Texoma Association of Health Underwriters (7/1/03 to 6/30/04)
• Current media chair for Texoma Association of Health Underwriters
• Golf, working out, music and my grandkids
• Life, Accident, Health, and HMO/General Lines/Property Casualty in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Ohio